Bored playing those multiplayer games in single player mode, or not getting competition of your level with your local friends?
It is a free to use software that allows you to play over 600 games in full version and demo modes with people around the world. It connects you to its servers where users from different parts of the world waiting for the war of games. It works like the usual LAN gaming over WAN and includes features like:
- Group Chat, where you can actually chat while playing games with a stranger.
- Public Profiles, where you can create your own personal avatars for others to see.
- Voice communication, to have that feel of playing together sitting miles away.
- Competitive rankings, ladders and ratings that lets you compete with the world.
- Download GameRanger from here.
- Install the software
- Create a new account
- Verify your email address (that activates your account)
- Invite your friends or search existing people to get started
- Host/Join a game,
- Voice communication and Rankings are not available in free mode.
- GameRanger might ask you to point the game’s directory on your PC
To get a list of supported games, click here.