Available for iPhone, Microsoft’s Photosynth is powerful application that uses your phone camera and a bit of processing to generate 3D panorama of the view that you are experiencing. The application interface is simple, it requires you to click a number of photographs in well guided manner with different zoom levels thought the process.
Photosynths give an exact idea of the scene in full 360° view without you being actually there. The application has different modes where you can choose to see the 3D view, the 2D view, the Top view or the Point view. An example has been placed below for you to experience the power.
How to create a Photosynth:
- Choose the position from where you can see the entire scene you are about to capture.
- Take different photos, left/right/up/down/zoom in/zoom out in a guided manner as directed.
- The different photos now clicked are joined using the image composite editor or inside the iPhone app itself.
- Tada! the panorama is now ready to be viewed and shared.
First create a Photosynth account.
- To make panoramas from your iPhone, get the Photosynth App from Apple’s App Store.
- To make panoramas from your PC, install Image Composite Editor and the Photosynth application.
- To make synths, just install the Photosynth application, if you don’t already have it.